Saturday, December 02, 2006

North Pole?

I must be at the North Pole...it's 16 degrees. But, wait, no snow! What the heck is this?
It's Minneapolis in December.

I'm sitting in the gorgeous, huge Central Public Library. Meeting place for the homeless, yuppies, academics, and moms with toddlers. Janet, Ruthie, and I took the train to Nicollet Mall (which is a road, not a shopping center) and they went to lunch with Ruthie's flute teacher while I am scoping out the library.

Hundreds of computers (Gateway, of course), walls of windows that provide beautiful natural light, periodicals by the roomful, and a coffeeshop. I think I'll live here!

We are enjoying Minneapolis and, especially, seeing Ruthie. We will pick up Emily Rose this afternoon, take them to dinner, and attend Vespers at Central Lutheran. It's supposed to be a gorgeous service.

Tomorrow, we are sheparding a group of college students to the Mall of America. Should be chaotic fun!

IF I can get an internet connection in the hotel room, I'll post some photos. Otherwise, I'll do it when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth!
    That is so wild, Nicolette Mall is where I always stay when I go to Minn. for CM's Showcase. Only that happens in the summertime. It is REALLY nice there in the summer (especially coming from hot Austin). And I love love love the Mall of America, I bet you had a blast!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete