Update on BarlataThis Spanish restaurant continues to be my favorite in Austin.
Last night, I met a group of co-workers there and we ate our way through the menu.
Carafes of sangria were the drink of choice, but I discovered the cava spritzer which was amazing. You can't go wrong with Barlata Cuvee: a Spanish-style "earthy" red.
All the items were fantastic, including:
- Toast with Iberico ham
- Roasted duck leg with prunes and pine nuts
- Lobster paella
The very best were:
- The lata of mushrooms, pine nuts, and currants
- Pork loin with pickled onions
- Gambas ajillo (shrimp with garlic)
- Seared tenderloin
- Arros Negre (paella with black rice, squid, and clams)
Desserts were amazing. The torta Santiago was much better this time and we fought to devour the crema Catalanya (a lemony creme brulee) and the homemade ice creams.
If any of you want to check out Barlata, I'll take you!